We are attending Microsoft’s “Denver DevCamp: Cloud” here in Denver. Getting a better idea of whether Azure Cloud Services are the right move for my web site and hosting customers. Been watching Azure’s evolution over the last 6 or 7 years. Also, I would like to thank our instructor, David Giard, for making it out all the way from Illinois.
DocuWare plans to deprecate existing web services (and all GAPI support on which the current SOAP web services are based) in their version 6.8. No date for the release of version 6.8 as of yet, but would predict it would be out 4th quarter 2015 or 1st quarter 2016. So if you have existing applications based on DocuWare Web Services, it is time to migrate to Docuware’s REST Web Services that were released with DocuWare version 6.1. Fore-warned is Fore-armed.
DocuWare 6.7 has now been released.
Improving the user experience remains a top focus for DocuWare. This means the system can be introduced with little training at a customer’s and user acceptance is immediate. For example, the lazy loading process in Windows Explorer Client means that folders and documents are displayed more quickly. Only a portion of a document is loaded to begin with; the remainder can be added if needed. This process minimizes a user‘s wait time and helps ensure higher satisfaction.
Other Highlights of DocuWare Version 6.7:
- Search through multiple file cabinets in Web Client
- Viewer with integrated index dialog as new display option
- Capture index data from document with one click
- Performance improvement when storing with Connect to Outlook
- Email notifications with attached document in Workflow Manager
- Improved user interface for Workflow Designer
- Import of Request containers
- Improved Scan quality for PaperScan App
- Mobile Apps can be connected via QR-code with DocuWare system
In addition, with Connect to Ricoh Version 2 there’s a new module for connecting over 250 types of Ricoh and comparable multi-function units. The configuration is handled centrally within DocuWare Configuration; even the installation on the devices can be managed directly from there. Filing with the scanner is made extra easy with select lists that appear right on the device’s display.